The Community Well-Being Pillar reflects RHB’s efforts and commitment towards lending a helping hand to deserving members of the community who are in need of aid.
Amongst the activities being carried out are:
- Provision of financial assistance.
- Providing relief efforts during natural disasters.
- Other humanitarian projects that are aimed at providing convenience to deserving members of the community.
- Fund raising activities by employees of RHB Group to help those in need.
- Engagement activities such as visits and distribution of donations in the form of cash or in- kind to poor families, orphanages, old folks home and shelter homes nationwide during festivals and on ad-hoc basis, as well as festive shopping with single mothers and underprivileged children.
RHB TOUCH HEARTS
RHB Touch Hearts is an annual community programme aimed at promoting the spirit of humanitarian and volunteerism amongst the 14,000 RHB employees across eight countries in which we operate i.e. Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong/China, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Brunei.
- Started in 2016, RHB Touch Hearts has seen RHBians engage and connect with the underprivileged/ underserved community, particularly children and youths through various humanitarian projects.
- A total of 115 community projects have been organised
- Approximately RM1.3 million has been raised by RHBians and ploughed back into the respective projects, in addition to the seed money given by the Group to kick start the fundraising efforts;
More than 20,000 members of the community especially children and youth across the ASEAN region have benefitted from this programme.